Are you ready to publish your program?
Take this quick quiz. If you can answer “yes” to all of these questions, you’re ready to publish!
|1.||Have you finalized your application content, including your questions, program information, document requests, and tables and budget setup?||Application content must be finalized before your program opens. Changes made in open programs may affect applicant data.|
|2.||Have you verified your program settings, including open and deadline dates, applicant settings, and which features you’d like to use?||Program settings should be finalized prior to the open-to-apply date so that all applicants receive the same treatment during the application period.|
|3.||Have you submitted a test application?||Submitting a test application is the best way to be sure that your content is as it should be and your settings work as you want them to. It also helps you get familiar with what your applicants will see – bonus!|
|4.||Has your program been paid for?||Unpaid programs cannot go live. Contact us to request an invoice if you haven’t already received one.|
|5.||Do you have the correct link to give to your applicants?||To maintain your control of access to your program, we do not share or post your program link anywhere on our website. You get to decide where and how your applicants access your program. You can find default links or create friendly URLs for your program in Program Setup, in the Settings tab.|
How It Works
Once you’ve set up the application content, tweaked the settings to your liking, and double checked everything (you can even submit a test application!) your program is ready to start accepting applications. Now you just need to give your applicants access to the program!
- Open Program Setup.
- Click into the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Publishing Settings and Direct Sharing Settings sections.
Start by inputting your publishing settings, then choose how you’d like to share your program with your applicants.
Choose your Publishing Settings
Your program will ‘Close’ and stop accepting applications at midnight (Pacific) at the end of this day.
Open To Apply Date
Your program will ‘Open’ and start accepting applications at midnight (Pacific) at the beginning of this day.
Determines whether a program is open or closed, based on the open and deadline dates.
- Waiting to Open – This is the default setting. When you are finished setting up your program and you’re ready for it go live when your open date arrives, change this to “Open”.
- Open – On this setting, your program will go live when the open date arrives and will close automatically when the deadline passes.
- Closed – On this setting, your program will close immediately. If your program has not yet opened, choosing “Closed” will prevent it from opening. This setting can also be used to manually close a program at a specific time.
Provide Access to your Program
Direct Sharing Settings
In addition to the friendly URL, there are several other options available to use to share a program with applicants.
- Embedded iFrame – Put the application on your website and allow applicants to create and submit their apps without ever leaving your page.
- Apply Button – Drop an apply button on your website to take applicants directly to the application.
- Direct Link – Provide the link to send applicants right to the application. This link can be shared in an email or posted on your site.
For all of these options, admins can choose to provide access to Just THIS application only, THIS time or ALL available applications.