How It Works
Reports can be anything you want them to be – post-funding reports, progress updates, etc. As with the application questions, you get to determine the content of the reports. You can also choose the default deadline dates and set automatic reminders to alert your applicants when a report is coming due. Additionally, administrators can use the Goals feature to keep track of applicant progress on numeric goals across all of the reporting periods.
Once the data has been received, admins can look at the post-decision reporting on two levels – Application-level Reports (on individual applications) and Program-level Reporting data (the Reporting Report).
Click into the Report tab within an application to access the reporting data submitted by the applicant. Click on a specific Report to view that data. Click on the Report Totals tab to see the to-date totals for numeric, checkbox, and multiple-choice data.
Program-Level Reporting Data
- Reporting Tab
From the Dashboard or an individual application, click the Reporting tab in the upper row of tabs to open the Reporting Report.
Looking at the reports on a program-level via the Reporting Report allows administrators to quickly see the default and custom deadlines for each report for each applicant as well as which applicants have overdue reports and which reports were submitted late.
From there, admins can also use the Send Email to Selected button to send a general email to specific applicants or use the Send Email to All Overdue to send an email to just those applicants with overdue reports.
How to Set It Up
Administrators choose the the post-decision report settings and add their questions in Program Setup.
Program Setup > Settings Tab > Additional Program Modules >> Report Tab
- Settings Tab
- Report Tab
In Settings, under Additional Program Modules, turn the Report module On.
Give it a Tab Label.
- Use the dropdown in the next field to select how many days ahead of the deadline you want reminders to be sent, if you want to send automatic reminders to applicants.
- Add a description for the tab.
- Create up to 24 reports by entering default due dates in the Report Deadlines fields. The default dates are automatically applied to every Approved application, but the due date on every Report on each application can be changed individually (see below).
- Use the Add a Question button (below the report deadlines) to add your report questions.
- Add Section Titles and a Branching Question as necessary.
- Add Document Requests.
- Use the Applicant View to check your work.
Using the Goals Feature
The Goals feature provides a way for administrators to keep track of applicant progress in reference to numeric goals.
For any table-style report question, an admin can input a numeric goal that will interact with the data submitted by the applicant. When an applicant inputs their numbers and submits each report, the system will provide a to-date total for those table-style questions, then compare those totals to the goals input by the admin. The system presents in the Report Totals tab the to-date totals, the goal (as input by the admin), the percent completion, and the amount remaining. This makes it easy for the applicants and administrators to see how far they have come and how far they have yet to go.
- Turn the feature ‘on’ by selecting ‘Yes’ in the ‘Turn Goals On’ field.
- Add at least one table-style report question to capture the numeric data in each report.
- Add a numeric goal for the applicable table-style report question(s) in each application.
- Click into an application.
- Click into the Report Totals tab.
- Find the appropriate table-style question, then input the numeric goal(s) in the Goals column on the far right. (Enter numeric data only, no additional characters, including dollar signs or commas.) You can enter a goal for each line in the table-style question.
Here’s how you might use this feature:
Let’s say you contract with applicants to serve a certain number of people in your community. And let’s say that one applicant has agreed to accept $500 to serve 100 people.
You have a report question that asks how many people were served during the reporting period, and there are four reporting periods. You go into that application, click into the Report Totals tab, and input 100 as the goal for that question.
The applicant submits reports with their numbers: 25 served in Report 1, 30 served in Report 2, and 10 served in Report 3. When you or they click into the Report Totals tab, you can see that the goal is 100 and that the to-date total is 65. The system displays a percent completion of 65 and indicates that there are 35 remaining.
Changing or Removing the Due Date on a Specific Report
To change the due date on a specific Report or mark a Report ‘not required’ for a certain application…
- Report Tab
Click into the Report tab in the relevant application.
- Click the appropriate tab to open that specific report.
- Update the due date field OR check the ‘not required’ box.
Adding an Additional Report
Admins can add extra reports (up to the 24 total reports total) at any time.
- Report Tab
In Program Setup, click into the Report tab, and scroll down to the list of Report Deadlines.
- Add a new default deadline in the next available report deadline field. This will add a new report to all approved applications.
- Go to the Applications List and click into each of the applications that does not need to complete that report, going into that report tab to mark the new report ‘not required‘.